Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycle accidents are one of the most common personal injury cases seen by lawyers today. They can result in severe injury and, in some cases, death. If you or a loved one have been injured in a biking accident, it’s wise to enlist the help of an experienced lawyer so you can receive compensation for your pain and suffering. Don’t settle with an insurance company; accident attorneys can get you the funds you deserve.
Bicycle accidents often lead to missed paychecks, staggering medical bills, and damage to your family and your finances. To avoid the stress and worry that comes with unpaid bills, contact The Henry Law Firm to see how we can help your case. Bicycle accident lawyers will work to protect your future by utilizing investigative techniques and modern courtroom strategies, all to recover maximum compensation after your accident.
A bicycle accident case can be confusing to navigate alone. Contact The Henry Law Firm today for a free consultation. Our legal professionals have years of experience in personal injury law, meaning we can help you receive proper justice for damages after a bike accident.
DO YOU NEED REPUTABLE REPRESENTATION?
A Cleveland Bicycle Accident Lawyer That Will Fight for You
Personal injury lawyers see a large number of car and bike accident cases each year. A Cleveland bicycle accident lawyer understands the damage that a bike accident can cause a family and their finances, not to mention the pain inflicted by bike crash injuries.
When you work with The Henry Law Firm, you will gain access to a lawyer who is understanding and compassionate, with years of experience working on personal injury cases. Bicyclists can trust our firm for local counsel, help navigating insurance companies and claims, proving fault, and receiving maximum compensation.
After a bike crash, you will most likely need compensation to make up for:
- Lost wages
- Dependent family members
- Diminished quality of life
- Hospital bills
- Physical therapy sessions
- Costs for medical equipment
- Bicycle replacement
- Chronic pain medication or therapy
Injured cyclists have a lot on their plate to deal with. Attorneys can help. The Henry Law Firm will combine investigative techniques with modern law strategies to prove fault with drivers, other bicyclists, the city, or other parties. You can trust us in your time of need to be there for you. We put our clients first, always. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
WHAT IS YOUR ACCIDENT WORTH?
Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Many situations can result in a bicycle crash and injured cyclists, some with motor vehicles involved. Even if you are wearing a helmet, injuries sustained during the collision can be severe. Bicycle accident attorneys will work to determine exactly what happened and who is to blame. Often, it is the fault of a car or bus driver not paying close enough attention to cyclists on the road. Bike riders do not have the same protection as a car, as vehicles are larger and heavier than the bicycle.
Other bike injuries result from unkempt roads or trails, pedestrian interference, or debris on the road. Cyclists have to be aware of the route they’re taking and think about any potential hazards. Your bicycle can handle a lot, but sometimes large potholes or animals can be unavoidable.
As a cyclist, it’s crucial to know common bike crash causes, so you can do your best to be safe on the road and avoid a bicycle accident. Here are a few examples of what causes bike accidents with motor vehicles:
- A vehicle cuts off the bicyclist when entering the road.
- A car rear-ends a bike when trying to maneuver around a car in the bike lane.
- A driver opens their car door into the path of a bicycler.
- A cyclist is riding on the wrong side of the road against traffic.
- Someone runs a red light or a stop sign.
- A cyclist makes a dangerous move with vehicles or other cyclists present.
- A motorist makes a right turn and cuts off someone in the bike path.
- A car is unfamiliar with the right of way or traffic laws and collides with a cyclist.
In a large percentage of other instances, bike crashes can result from other issues. Even if a motor vehicle isn’t present, the collision can still result in a lawsuit. Many bicycle accident cases result from poor street conditions or other cyclists. Other issues that cause bike crashes can include:
- A biker falls off their bike due to a poorly maintained road or trail.
- The bicycle malfunctions due to damage or a shoddy repair job.
- A cyclist collides with a pedestrian, electric scooter, or another bicycle, disregarding the right of way rules.
- A cyclist falls due to an animal running across their path.
- A biker falls due to imbalance or inebriation.
- A cyclist collides with road debris, a curb, tree, or another object.
HIRE AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY
Bicycle Accident Injuries
Unfortunately, bicycle accidents often result in injuries for bicyclists. Riding a bike comes with inherent risks, just like getting in a vehicle does. After a bicycle crash, it’s crucial to receive medical treatment for any injuries and keep track of your medical records for case evaluation purposes. When a bike accident results in severe injuries, a bicycle crash attorney can help you receive the proper medical care, file an insurance claim, and build a solid case to get the necessary compensation.
Bicycle accident injury includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Head or traumatic brain injuries
- Knee trauma
- Back, neck, and spinal injuries
- Torn ligaments or tendons
- Broken ribs
- Spinal cord damage
- Road rash
An injury that cyclists endure after a crash isn’t always apparent right away. For this reason, it’s essential to visit a doctor and keep a record of all appointments, doctor’s notes, and symptoms. Don’t settle with an insurance company right away, as injuries could appear days or weeks after the crash. An injury lawsuit with an experienced lawyer is your best bet for receiving maximum compensation for damages.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
Accident attorneys are familiar with the legal proceedings after a bike crash. Don’t worry about dealing with insurance or the other driver. Experienced lawyers will know exactly how to handle your case. That being said, there are a few things bicyclists should know about the case process after an accident. Follow this timeline if you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident:
- Ensure you are safe and move out of the way of other cars or bikes.
- Call 911 for police and emergency medical personnel, even if you aren’t visibly injured.
- Exchange information with anyone else involved, including name, phone number, license, and insurance information.
- If the other driver flees the scene, try to get a detailed description of their car.
- Report your version of the accident to the police and note the officer’s name and badge number.
- Do not give a statement to anyone besides your own doctor or insurance company.
- Do not speak with the other person’s insurance company.
- Obtain a copy of the police report from the accident.
- See a doctor immediately so that you have a clear medical record after the incident.
- Take photos of damaged property, including your bicycle and physical injuries.
- As soon as possible, write down all the details you can remember from the accident.
- Keep a record of medical visits, symptoms, and missed days from work.
- Hire an experienced bicycle accident attorney.
Accident attorneys will help with your case so you can focus on recovering from any injuries. Cyclists know how painful it can be to experience an accident, especially at the fault of a motor vehicle. Take the proper time to heal and let your attorneys handle the legal proceedings.
Our Cleveland Bicycle Accident Lawyer Has Two Priorities:
- To ensure you receive the best treatment available so you can recover from your injury; and
- To maximize the amount you recover for lost wages, pain, physical and emotional suffering, medical treatment, and other issues after being injured.
The Henry Law Firm knows how scary a bike accident can be. The aftermath is just as stressful, with medical bills and lost days at work to consider. As an experienced injury lawyer, Eric Henry is familiar with the legal system surrounding bicycle accidents. He is also a licensed private investigator, meaning he can uncover facts better than any other injury attorney out there.
Our firm has a long history of success in winning maximum compensation for our clients after an accident. We will support your family every step of the way and maintain clear communication. Contact us today for a consultation to discuss your specific case and create a plan of action. Other attorneys might encourage you to settle with insurance. Not Eric Henry. Our firm will ensure cyclists receive what they deserve after being injured in an accident.
We Put You First
The team of legal professionals at The Henry Law Firm is always prepared to go the extra mile for our clients. After a bike injury, we know how critical it is to protect your livelihood when medical bills are stacking up and family is depending on you. Our legal experience and modern strategies will ensure you receive the benefits you need until you’re fully healed from the accident.
Our injury law practice also includes:
- Car crashes
- Semi-truck accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- Injuries from falls
- Nursing home abuse
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Child daycare negligence
- Construction site accident
- And other damages caused by another person
We believe clear communication with our clients is the best way to succeed. Call our team today to set up a consultation.